When you get up in the morning, you must have a song - Ray Charles

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Joe Harriott Double Quintet - Indo-Jazz Suite


 This is a recent discovery for me. Ran across it at someone's yard sale. Gave em a buck. Took the chance and after a couple of listens, I'm really digging it.
 The title is pretty explanatory as to what you will get, but hey India was big in 1966! I really dig this and can't wait to turn it on to the prog goons.

 FTR as I was getting ready to post this I found that Orgy In Rhythm blog did an awesome write up of this record a few years ago. It has since been re-upped there this past June. Been following that blog for years. I should have been more aware of this.

Never the less, I have my own vinyl copy that I am going to share with y'all. Hope ya like it.

1. Overture
2. Contrasts
3. Raga Megha
4. Raga Gaud-Saranga

Joe Harriott - alto sax
Kenny Wheeler - trumpet
Pat Smythe - piano
Coleridge Good - bass
Allan Ganley- drums
John Mayer - violin and direction
Chris Taylor - flute
Diwan Motihar - sitar
Chandrahas Paiganka - tambura
Keshan Sathe - tabla


Atlantic SD1465  1966 stereo vinyl rip

3 comments:

Hookfinger said...



https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/6v56dh

JH said...

Thanks! Interesting stuff...!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool, Hook! Nice surprise for me.
Thanks!